Reno Orthopedic Clinic is taking extra precautions to provide the safest environment possible during the ongoing international outbreak of COVID-19.
Reno Orthopedic Clinic Patients:
Over the past weeks, it has become clear that the world is facing an unprecedented challenge. Like you, we are deeply concerned and are doing all we can to help keep our community and our families safe and healthy.
On behalf of Reno Orthopedic Clinic, we want to let you know how we are responding to and keeping up with the continually changing situation. We are humbled by your selection of Reno Orthopedic Clinic for your orthopedic and musculoskeletal medical needs. We take our responsibility to our patients, visitors, employees, and partners very seriously.
From the onset of this situation, we have been listening to the appropriate sources for accurate and up-to-date information, and our preparedness plan reflects those inputs. As things evolve, we are actively monitoring the situation, assessing risks, and are implementing immediate changes to ensure the highest level of safety. We will continue to update this page in a timely and transparent way so you can continue to seek treatment with confidence.
What we are doing:
- We are screening everyone who enters the building at all ROC locations. Please plan to arrive a few minutes early for your appointment. Screenings will happen before entering or just inside the building. Patients may be asked to wait in their car until an exam room is ready, if a room is not ready upon arrival.
- All patients are required to wear a mask.
- Patients may bring one family member with them to their appointment, so long as both are wearing masks.
- You will be asked the following questions. If you answer YES to any of these questions (if any of these apply to your currently or within the past 14 days) then the screener will call the physician and the physician will determine if you need to be seen in person or by virtual visit.
- Do you have any acute respiratory signs or symptoms?
- Shortness of Breath
- Sore Throat
- Fever of 100.1 or Higher
- Do you share a household with a confirmed positive COVID-19 case and/or is someone in your household suspected of or being tested for COVID-19?
- ROC takes pride in our already rigorous cleaning standards and we have introduced additional cleaning procedures along with increasing the number of wipes, hand sanitizers, and other cleaning materials available for patients at entrances, reception and check-in. We also offer these products throughout our offices and other facilities for you, visitors, physicians, and employees to use as needed. ROC requires all staff that work with and interact with our patients to wear face masks/coverings.
- We have increased our screening requirements to be approved for surgery.
- We are discontinuing the practice of handshaking.
- We are requesting that you only bring companions who are essential to your care with you to your appointment. Otherwise, we are asking family members to wait in the car.
- Our staff is taking sensible steps to help protect our team of physicians, other providers, and employees. This means fewer meetings, limiting travel, and making it easier for our personnel to take the time they need to care for themselves or their families in the event they are directly affected by COVID-19.
- We are monitoring new developments so that we can quickly adapt and continue to provide the services you need and the best possible experience at our facilities despite the added safety and security. Please check back here frequently for updates as things are ever changing.
We recognize this is a challenging time for all, and we remain deeply committed to the safety of our patients, visitors, and all employees. Our patients and employees are the heart of our company and we look forward to welcoming and serving you wherever and however you choose. Please take care of yourselves and each other.