X-Ray & Imaging
For the physicians at the Reno Orthopedic Center, an accurate, timely diagnosis is always the first step to recovery. That’s why we offer a range of diagnostic services. Our state-of-the-art equipment includes Computed Radiography (CR). CR allows us to capture hospital quality digital images (digital x-rays) on a computer screen. CR is a well-proven technology. It provides a digital image acquisition process that produces images superior to conventional x-ray on film. X-ray digital images are read, interpreted, and stored on a computer or CD.
ROC is now offering Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). Our “orthopedic only” imaging center provides state-of-the-art diagnostic services specially designed for orthopedic patients. We provide the latest technology in imaging services, allowing us to recommend the most effective and appropriate treatment for our patients.
How you should prepare for your procedure
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your MRI or injection appointment.
- Examinations may take 15-45 minutes.
- Eat and drink normally.
- Take your regular medication unless your doctor instructs otherwise.
- It may be easier to relax if you don’t drink too much liquid immediately before the scan.
- Wear comfortable clothes without metal fasteners. You may be asked to wear a hospital gown.
- Notify the staff if you have metal in your body.
If you are unable to keep your MRI appointment, please call 775-326-5020
How we prepare for your procedure
- We will contact your insurance company to obtain authorization, if necessary.
- We will contact you to schedule your MRI and follow-up appointment.
- Your images will be sent electronically to your ROC physician.
How you’ll be billed
ROC will bill your insurance company for the use of the MRI machine. If you have questions regarding your bill, please call 775-786-3040.
What Does ACR Accredited Mean?
This means ROC has gone through a voluntary accreditation process to maintain the highest possible standards for MRI and X-ray. ACR accreditation is given to facilities that maintain excellence in three factors facility, personnel, and equipment.
Our facility meets the nationally accepted standards of care. This is proved through an extensive test of our facility done by the American College of Radiology.
Our personnel are well qualified and are highly trusted to interpret the results of images. Our equipment is top-notch, giving the best possible image with appropriate radiation levels.